Holland Partner Group is seeking a talented Director of Construction to join our Corporate Team.
We are seeking a team player with a strong work ethic that offers exceptional interpersonal skills, proven work ethic and follow through. The Holland Team consists of Associates that demonstrate strong leadership, communication, team-building, and decision-making skills.
This position is responsible for managing the regional construction operation to implement the appropriate level of marketing and sales, to manage all contract negotiations, and successfully complete the design and construction of complex projects with the goal of meeting schedule, meeting quality standards, and staying within proposed gross margin projections while maintaining good customer and vendor relationships. The incumbent should effectively manage, motivate and develop a team of construction professionals and develop and maintain productive relationships with office and field personnel. In addition, the incumbent must contribute to overall profitability and other goals of Holland Partners Group.
The incumbent maintains appropriate documentation of project-related efforts and carries out various non-project assignments as requested.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Develops, coordinates and implements action plans to achieve business targets for all related services within the regional markets as defined by the Company’s strategic plan.
2. Promotes and markets construction projects and identifies, pursues, and negotiates sales for all regional projects.
3. Manages design aspects of regional projects with the goal of ensuring that budget, schedule, quality and customer satisfaction goals are met.
4. Manages construction and close-out on assigned projects with the goal of ensuring that budget, schedule and customer satisfaction goals are met.
5. Directs a team of construction professionals (project management and field supervision staff) and co-op students as applicable.
6. Assists the Senior Vice President in coordinating the quality control, safety program, job scheduling and productivity of the field operations.
7. Develops and maintains productive working relationships with team and company personnel.
8. Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering, and Architecture, Construction Management or related area preferred. However, professional construction industry experience will be considered in lieu of a bachelor's degree.
Minimum of fifteen years experience in the construction industry, with the majority of that time spent in project engineering and project management on multi-family and commercial building projects. Design-build and jobsite experience required. Professional engineering or architectural registration is desirable.
Incumbent shall have a thorough knowledge of all aspects of design and construction as well as the ability to work productively with customers and vendors in all departments. Independently lead project teams while procuring, supervising and motivating others in sales, and efficient management of design-build projects. Incumbent must be adept at problem solving, communicating, working efficiently, and constructively challenging subordinates.
Skills and Qualifications:
The Director of Construction represents and promotes Holland's Core Values of Great People, Great Business, Deliver Exceptional Customer Service and Have Fun! This is an excellent opportunity to apply your talent, vision, drive, and experience to the Holland Team.