Holland Partner Group is seeking an experienced Project Manager to join our Construction Team.
We are seeking a team player with a strong work ethic that offers exceptional interpersonal skills, proven work ethic and follow through. The Holland Team consists of Associates that demonstrate strong leadership, communication, team-building, and decision-making skills.
This position is responsible for completing assigned projects according to schedule, within quality standards and proposed net margin projections while maintaining good customer relations. The incumbent must effectively manage, motivate and develop subordinate associate project managers and master sales presentation and negotiation skills. The incumbent has knowledge of all phases of design and construction, coordinates the development of overall project strategy with the team and maintains proper documentation of project-related activities. The incumbent must develop and maintain effective working relationships with personnel.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Identifies, pursues and negotiates sales on assigned projects.
2. Manages design aspects of assigned projects with the goal of ensuring that budget, schedule, quality and customer satisfaction goals are met.
3. Manages construction and close-out on assigned projects with the goal of ensuring that budget, schedule and customer satisfaction goals are met.
4. May supervise a team of Associate Project Managers.
5. Enhances company posture on Equal Employment Opportunity by making a good faith effort to recruit, select, develop and retain protested class employees.
6. Develops and maintains productive working relationships with team and company personnel.
7. Works on non-project assignments that are related to particular background and capabilities.
8. Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or related field preferred. Equivalent work experience considered in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
Experience: Minimum of five years’ experience in the construction industry required, with the majority of that time spent in project management on commercial or industrial building projects. Design-Build and jobsite experience is preferred. Professional engineering or architectural registration is desirable.
Also requires a thorough knowledge of major aspects in the process of designing and building projects and the ability to work productively with others. The incumbent must be adept at problem solving, communicating, working efficiently and independently, leading, handling stress, supervising and motivating others, sales and constructively challenging subordinates.
Skills and qualifications:
Primarily will be working in an office environment where there is no physical discomfort due to temperature, dust, noise. May be responsible for reviewing field locations which may involve a hazardous construction environment requiring protective equipment that meets OSHA regulations, this may result in some physical discomfort due to temperature, dust and noise.
The Project Manager represents and promotes Holland's Core Values of Great People, Great Business, Deliver Exceptional Customer Service and Have Fun! This is an excellent opportunity to apply your talent, vision, drive, and experience to the Holland Team.