Holland Partner Group is seeking an experienced Senior Project Manager to join our Construction Team.
We are seeking a team player with a strong work ethic that offers exceptional interpersonal skills, proven work ethic and follow through. The Holland Team consists of Associates that demonstrate strong leadership, communication, team-building, and decision-making skills.
This position is responsible for managing the marketing and sales effort, contract negotiations, and design and construction of complex projects with the goal of meeting schedule, meeting quality standards, and staying within proposed gross margin projections while maintaining good customer and vendor relationships. The incumbent should effectively manage, motivate and develop a team of Project Managers and Associate Project Managers and develop and maintain productive relationships with office and field personnel. In addition, the incumbent should contribute to overall profitability and other goals of Holland Partners operations. The incumbent maintains proper documentation of project-related efforts and carries out various non-project assignments as directed.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Promotes and markets construction projects and identifies, pursues, and negotiates sales for all assigned projects.
2. Manages design aspects of assigned projects with the goal of ensuring that budget, schedule, quality and customer satisfaction goals are met.
3. Manages construction and close-out on assigned projects with the goal of ensuring that budget, schedule and customer satisfaction goals are met.
4. Directs a team of Project Managers, Associate Project Managers and/or Co-op students as applicable.
5. Enhances company posture on Equal Employment Opportunity by making a good faith effort to recruit, select, develop and retain protested class employees.
6. Assists the Director of Construction in coordinating the quality control, safety program, job scheduling and productivity of the field operations.
7. Develops and maintains productive working relationships with team and company personnel.
8. Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or related field preferred. Equivalent work experience considered in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
Experience: Minimum of seven to ten years experience in the construction industry, with the majority of that time spent in project engineering and project management on commercial or industrial building projects. Design-build and jobsite experience required. Professional engineering or architectural registration is desirable.
Also requires thorough knowledge of major aspects in design and construction as well as the ability to work productively with customers and vendors in all departments. Independently leading project teams and handling stress, supervising and motivating others, sales, and efficient management of design-build projects also required. The incumbent must be adept at problem solving, communicating, working efficiently, and constructively challenging subordinates.
Skills and qualifications:
Primarily will be working in an office environment where there is no physical discomfort due to temperature, dust, noise. May be responsible for reviewing field locations which may involve a hazardous construction environment requiring protective equipment that meets OSHA regulations, this may result in some physical discomfort due to temperature, dust and noise.
The Senior Project Manager represents and promotes Holland's Core Values of Great People, Great Business, Deliver Exceptional Customer Service and Have Fun! This is an excellent opportunity to apply your talent, vision, drive, and experience to the Holland Team.