Holland Partner Group is seeking a talented Associate Project Manager to join our Construction Team.
We are seeking a team player with a strong work ethic that offers exceptional interpersonal skills, proven work ethic and follow through. The Holland Team consists of Associates that demonstrate strong leadership, communication, team-building, and decision-making skills.
This position is responsible for coordinating the design and construction processes on non-complex projects and assisting supervisor on complex projects. The incumbent acts as project manager on non-complex construction projects involving supervisor for review of schedules, project status, progress and cost projections. The incumbent further develops interpersonal and technical skills, and maintains all necessary correspondence and documentation for successful project management.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Assists project managers in identifying, pursuing, negotiating and completion of sales on assigned projects.
2. Assists or manages the design aspect of assigned projects with the goal of ensuring that budget, schedule, quality and customer satisfaction goals are met.
3. Assists or manages construction and close-out on assigned projects with the goal of ensuring that budget, schedule and customer satisfaction goals are met.
4. Develops and maintains productive working relationship with team and company personnel.
5. Develops and maintains productive working relationships with team and company personnel.
6. Works on non-project assignments that are related to particular background and capabilities.
7. Performs miscellaneous duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Engineering, Architecture, Construction Management or related area (preference to Engineering degree). Professional registration as a Professional Engineer or Architect is desirable.
Experience: Minimum two years experience in the construction industry required, preferably in commercial or industrial design or construction area and/or with some experience in project management work in the building construction industry. Design-Build and jobsite experience is preferred. Professional engineering or architectural registration is desirable.
The incumbent must be able to work productively with others. Incumbent should also be able to solve problems, communicate effectively, work efficiently, work independently, lead projects, handle stress and variable workload, set priorities and make decisions.
Skills and qualifications:
Primarily will be working in an office environment where there is minimal physical discomfort due to temperature, dust, noise. May be responsible for reviewing field locations which may involve a hazardous construction environment requiring protective equipment that meets OSHA regulations, this may result in some physical discomfort due to temperature, dust and noise.
The Associate Project Manager represents and promotes Holland's Core Values of Great People, Great Business, Deliver Exceptional Customer Service and Have Fun! This is an excellent opportunity to apply your talent, vision, drive, and experience to the Holland Team.