Education: High School Diploma or equivalent is required. College degree or coursework in business, or related field, preferred.
Experience: Ten years’ experience in property management maintenance required. Certification in electrical, mechanical, HVAC and refrigeration systems, and/or other related trade strongly preferred. Experience in large-scale renovation projects (both interior and exterior) required. Other relevant maintenance/facilities experience may be considered in lieu of property management maintenance experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
- Highly skilled in the building trades with emphasis on mechanical systems repair, service, and installation (HVAC, plumbing, electrical).
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of employees while inspiring respect and credibility.
- Skilled in supervising and motivating others to ensure goals and objectives are met.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office 360 required. Yardi experience preferred.
- Demonstrated high level of skill in both verbal and written communication.
- Ability to accurately perform multiple tasks in a complex and fast-paced operating environment while maintaining a strong attention to detail.
- Skilled in maintenance supervision with knowledge of industry practices in property management.
- Demonstrated proficiency in building operation systems.
- Ability to work outdoors in temperatures above 90 degrees or below 32 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mobility and flexibility to work in confined spaces and use ladders to heights more than 8 to 9 feet.
- Ability to accurately perform basic to intermediate mathematical functions.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to stand or walk for long periods of time with frequent bending, lifting and climbing.
- Must be proactive, flexible, responsible and resourceful.
Attendance: This full-time position is exempt and requires the ability to be present and available during business hours to meet company and department needs. Additional hours or flexible schedule may be required.
This position also requires:
- Valid Driver’s license.
- Travel and overnight stays.
- Ability to lift or move up to 50 pounds.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Fluency in English both verbally and non-verbally.